I’ve started making a list of internal code improvements and features I’d personally like to add to the list for the next version of BuddyPress, comments very welcome.
- current_user_can() support
- Basic Privacy – limit my profile to friends / followers / not in public listings
- theme_supports() support
- Generic component extension API
- Create pages for top level navs instead of hijacking with root components. This would let you move members, groups, blogs, forums etc to a sub page – e.g. /community/groups/
- Implement a REST API
- Atom feeds with Activitystrea.ms and PuSH Support
- Better install / upgrade procedure – wizard like
- Improved Xprofile field management and advanced search
- Global search – activity, members, groups, forums, blogs all in one result.
DJPaul – how are we looking for putting together a full list based on community feedback, ready for a vote?