#6006: User/Member Types API
- Patches by @boonebgorges provide the minimum set of functionalities to support for “user/member types” to begin with. Kudos. There is no UI yet at this point but developers can already use the API when BP 2.2 rolls out.
- Proposed new taxonomy ‘bp_user_type’ for this new feature will be discussed at a later date along with related tickets for a generic BP taxonomy and the Group taxonomy.
#6005: No-js bulk deletion of messages
- Improvements to the Messages interface for no-js support has grown to some major changes in the Messages template screen, Messages loop, and legacy (theme compatibility) JS and CSS.
- Decision: Move forward with the improvements.
#6008: Remove HTML from post_title for groups
- This involved removing the HTML markups (links/buttons) inserted in page titles. Consequences for removing the markups are: member/group names in the title of pages will no longer be clickable and that a decision has to be made where to relocate the “Create a Group” and “Create a Site” buttons.
- Decision: Move forward with removal of HTML from post_title for groups and blogs. New locations for the “create” button/links removed will be decided at a later date.
#5839: BP_XProfile_Query – filtering user query results by xprofile field matches
- @boonebgorges introduced BP_XProfile_Query which will allow for an easier way to get a list of users who match a given set of xprofile terms. At this time, only plugin developers will be able to use this feature as the UI for this API will not be built until much later.
#6026: And if the Blogs component had Single items?
- @imath is taking on the Blogs Component and has started work exploring the different avenues for improvement. Screenshots and link to the plugin he created during discovery are available in the ticket.
Tickets re Messages Component
- @slaFFik has volunteered to work on tickets relating to the Messages component for the BP 2.2 cycle. It’s his 5% for WordPress via BuddyPress 🙂
- @djpaulgibbs has been trying to get BuddyPress translations in order. Previously, he contacted each validator by email to follow up on translations. Last week, he posted at the make.wordpress.org/polyglots blog to find better ways of communicating with validators about outstanding translations.
- @slaFFik reported that translations are being pulled from the 2.0 version instead of from the 2.1 version. @boonebgorges pointed to ticket he posted at Meta Trac to follow up on this recurring issue.
2015 BuddyPress Survey
- The day after the 11/12 dev chat I posted in this blog and at the BP Support forums to open the floor for questions they would like to see in the survey.
- Survey preparation through posting of survey results can be tracked at #5980.
- Codex team needs a curation tool akin to the Recent Codex Activity updates used before or just a page template which renders a list of each revision done in any codex page.
- New sections have been added to the Codex: Administrator Guide and
- @hnla and I continue work on with updating pages, moving other pages to Archives, and creating new pages as needed.
- @djpaulgibbs is still working on some sweet ‘welcome screen’ functionality for BP 2.2.
You need to log in to view the archives. If you don’t have an account set up yet, please proceed to https://make.wordpress.org/chat/