Avatars, an extensible UI
- (#6290) @im4th reported that he gave a demo of the new Avatars UI at WordCamp London last weekend.
- Discussions touched on where special templates would be included in backend administration, from where to include the UI templates so that this feature would be theme-independent and could still be overridden by theme or plugin authors like they do with template parts.
- @im4th also said that if the BP Attachments API (#6278) is aimed to help us then help them deal with attachment, maybe we should try to help them with the UI Part.
- @johnjamesjacoby: While it may not make sense for v1, I would like for this to be something all components could lean on in some way: sending attachments in a Private Message, attaching one to a friend request, etc.
- @im4th thinking about : 1/ Put attachments UI in bp-legacy: BuddyPress is making sure everything is fine for the introduction of the feature and 2/if everything is ok, then open UI to the plugins world.
Update XProfile UI to better match current WordPress design
- (#6318) @johnjamesjacoby updated the Profile Fields UI in the backend using the recent improvements done to the WordPress administration area. Design feedback is welcome.
BuddyPress Companion stylesheet for Twenty Fifteen
- (#6291) @hnla has posted the initial patch and screenshots for the companion stylesheet taking on the challenging member navigation links, among others. Feedback included avoiding vertical navigation within content area. Additional feedback and participation, welcome.
Create New Invitations API
- (#6210) @dcavins reported that he’s just about has the group invite tests written. He continued, “Have the API pretty much written. Once all the tests are in place, I’ll update the group functions to use the API and see what I got wrong.”
2015 BuddyPress Survey
- (#5980) The survey deadline has been extended to April 8, 2015. Participation in the survey and promotion are welcome.
Slack log: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/buddypress/p1427313681000039
(You need a Slack account to view the logs.)