Avatars, an Extensible UI
- (#6290) @im4th has been moving fast and furious with updated patches for this new feature. Patches 6290.08 and 6290.09 fixed some issues with Internet Explorer which he has gotten quite fond of🙂 Thanks to @hnla for testing with their favorite browser.
- Update: Within the last 48 hours, @im4th uploaded two new patches 6290.10 and 6290.11 to address other issues. At this stage he’s ready to commit to trunk.
- Testing and feedback welcome.
BP Companion Stylesheet for Twenty Fifteen Theme
Improving XProfiles Component
- (#6341, #6340, #6346, #6347, #6318, #5733) @johnjamesjacoby has been working at improving xprofile field querying, adding caching, adding a new BP_XProfile_Meta_Query class, and building out tests, among others.
Directories Filtered by Member Roles
- (#6286) @boonebgorges is ready to commit the first pass for this new feature. The patch introduces the new bp_register_member_type action action, where plugins should register member types.
- Update: The feature has been committed to core.
- Testing and feedback welcome.
Group Membership Cache
- (#6327) Behind the scenes for the past week and a half, @boonebgorges has been working on the maximal caching of group memberships on a per-user basis. Patches have been uploaded including unit tests.
- (#6221) @rayisme has uploaded a patch which introduced new methods for message caching and included unit tests. The patch handles the majority of uncached message DB queries. * @boonebgorges has been working on this ticket as well and posted some directions on cache keys and groups.
BP 2.2 (and 2.2.1) feed is no longer protected by Wishlist Member
- (#6230) @rayisme has uploaded a patch which proposed to use page ID zero on BP single pages only. There are other approaches mentioned in ticket which have repercussions as well. Sticky situation, this.
- Dev feedback requested.
2015 BuddyPress Survey
- (#5980)The survey ended Wednesday afternoon PST. Results will be posted at BuddyPress.org. Many thanks to everyone who participated in the survey.
Custom Post Type Support for Activities
- (#6306) @im4th has uploaded patches plus unit tests to address the issues including comments for post types. He’s requested for dev feedback (special mention to @rayisme😀 ) .
- @djpaulgibbs mentioned that he has made progress with exploring the idea of many-to-many relationships, but will move it later from the 2.3.0 milestone to 2.4.0 since he doesn’t think this could be finished in time.
Belated Thanks to BP Volunteers at WCLDN Contributor Day
@djpaulgibbs gave special mentions to @pollyplummer and marion for improving the BuddyPress.org/about/ pages two weekends ago. e.g. https://buddypress.org/about/activity/
BuddyPress.org Site Assets Included in meta.svn.wordpress.org VVV
@djpaulgibbs reported that with a little help from his friend @netweb, it’s now possible to set up the buddypress.org themes/plugins locally in a VVV install: https://github.com/iandunn/wordpress-meta-environment/pull/10. He’s waiting for Ian Dunn to merge the pull request but you can try with the branch right now and it all just works.
It’s now much easier for anyone who knows how to set up VVV to contribute towards improving bundled theme/s and plugins for BuddyPress.org, codex.buddypress.org, es.buddypress.org, and codex.bbpress.org. Just create a ticket and upload patch(es) at https://meta.trac.wordpress.org.
Slack log: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/buddypress/p1428519711001398
(You need a Slack account to view the logs.)