This post includes updates since the dev chat last Wednesday.
BuddyPress 2.3.0 Schedule Update
- BP 2.3.0 Beta 1 https://buddypress.org/2015/05/buddypress-2-3-0-beta-1/ was packaged and released by @johnjamesjacoby last Thursday, May 7th.
- BP RC 1 is scheduled two weeks before release.
- Update: Target release date for BP 2.3.0 has been moved to early June.
- 113 tickets have been closed and 10 tickets remain open to date. The other tickets have been punted to 2.4.0.
Star Private Messages
- (#6331) In addition to the new enhancement for private messages, @rayisme’s 6331.03.patch included the introduction of
bp_is_active( $component, $feature )which allows developers to check if a component feature is registered.
- Update: This enhancement plus the new
bp_is_active( $component, $feature )are now in trunk for BP 2.3.0
BP Templates Hooks Documentation
- (#5948) @tw2113 has completed adding inline documentation for hooks in the template files. He has since opened up new tickets for “any missed spots or new/revised edits.”
BP Companion Stylesheets for Twenty Fifteen and Twenty Fourteen
- (#6338) and (#6291) @hnla has committed updates for improving the layout of BP components within the bundled themes mentioned above. Work is close to being done, just some minor responsive touches left. Testing and feedback welcome.
XProfile fields used for signup should be configurable
Manage Signups on Network Admin dashboard returns Blog Admin URL, not Network Admin URL
- (#6371) @rayisme discussed this ticket which has a patch with @im4th. They concurred to punt this ticket to 2.4.0 because related tickets for multisite and blogs component will be addressed in the next dev cycle.
Slack log: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/buddypress/p1430938938003646
(You need a Slack account to view the logs.)