BuddyPress @ WordCamp Europe 2015 Contributor Day, Spain
- WCEU Contributor Day is this coming Sunday, June 28th! If you want to join and contribute to BuddyPress, you’d need to register separately for that day at this webpage by clicking on the “Start Survey” button near the bottom of the page.
- @DJPaulGibbs will be leading the BP contributors team and will be guiding you in the areas you’d like to get involved in: coding, designing, documentation, helping out in the forums, among others.
- Attached below is the video he made inviting you to join the BP Group.
Eye on Accessibility
- (#6531) and (#6532) – @mercime posted the tickets to address accessibility issues found in some BP templates and a few BP admin screens. @hnla mentioned that there are a few more areas which need some attention as well. The tickets above focused only on the items which were red-flagged during accessibility checks.
bp_create_excerpt returning malformed markup
- (#6517) @boonebgorges has committed the patch to fix some tag-parsing issues introduced in a previous ticket based on @hnla’s report. Boone has added another patch which fixed the issue brought up by @danbp about the error which showed up when the string to be truncated contains markup.
Improvements on Extended Profile Fields
- @johnjamesjacoby will be focusing on sign up fields and improvements to the profile fields for early 2.4.0.
Member-type-specific xProfile Fields
- @boonebgorges mentioned that he’d like to work on member-type-specific xProfile fields “but this probably depends on JJJ’s work, so we’ll see how that goes.” JJJ mentioned that @tanner has done something similar and Boone noted that @offereins also did some significant work towards this (e.g. in #5192).
- Both @offereins and @tanner have indicated their interest to help make this happen for 2.4.0. 👍 👍
Wrapper for Member Tabs Setup
- @boonebgorges would also like to explore a BP_Group_Extension-like wrapper for member tab setup and mentioned that he and @dcavins should take a meeting to discuss this. @dcavins in turn said that @im4th was exploring the navigation tabs for his work in #6026 (Blogs with “profiles”).
- Looks like this is moving towards setting up one super API to manage all BP navigation/subnav items that would be backwards compatible. 🎊
Tickets Ready for Review
- @rayisme requested dev feedback for the two tickets he’s been working on lately: (#6387) Fix for bp_groups-template in order to support Ajax for group admin actions and (#5817) Additional styling support for BuddyPress Widgets.
Addendum: bbPress Survey 2015
- Please take the 2015 bbPress Survey and tell your friends! https://bbpress.org/blog/2015/05/2015-bbpress-survey/ The survey will end a few days after the 4th of July.
Slack log: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/buddypress/p1435172534000027