- Release Candidate 1 (string freeze): June 15, 2016
- 2.6.0 release: June 22, 2016
- There are currently 106 tickets in queue (Closed: 103. Open: 3.)
A new API to manage single items navigation (#6534) Issue on backward compatibility with groups navigation. Update: @boonebgorges has committed fix to trunk.
Activity link moderation doesn’t output useful error message to end users (#6719) @rayisme will be making a string change. Update: @rayisme has committed the fix to trunk.
Welcome Screen for 2.6.0 (#7108)
* Activity embeds will be the main feature of the About page. A short video will be embedded for WP 4.5+ installations and an image for installations less than WP 4.5. @im4th was volunteered to make the video. Update: @im4th has uploaded a patch.
* Other items to be featured included the new Group Types API and Custom Users Front Page
* In the midst of testing the Activity embeds feature for the About page, @tw2113 found a bug. Update: @im4th created a new ticket and he and @rayisme have uploaded patches to fix the issue.
* In addition, the WP icon was seen in BuddyPress.org’s activity embeds. @im4th pointed out that a ready-to-use BuddyPress icon exists on the “official fonts and logos” page. Update: @djpaulgibbs has uploaded the icon.
* “Under the Hood” section: New API to manage single items (Member or Group) navigation, various caching improvements, among other items.
Slack log: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/buddypress/p1465412393000100