BuddyPress RC 1
@dcavins packaged and released BuddyPress 2.6.0 RC 1 (string freeze) last Wednesday, June 15, 2016.
* Developers: Please test your BP plugins and themes with our new features this dev cycle🙂
* Translators: We need translators for BuddyPress. If you’re interested in contributing, @danbp has written a topic about how you can get involved.
- BuddyPress 2.6.0 release: June 22, 2016.
- As of this post, 109 tickets have been fixed for this release.
RC 1 Release Preparation
We discussed two tickets remaining in trac: moving stylesheet of activity embed to to bp-legacy’s
/css/ folder (#7123 fixed.) and the Welcome Screen for 2.6 (#7108 fixed).
* Thanks to @im4th for preparing the video demonstrating BP’s new Activity Embed feature on our Welcome Screen.
* Thanks to @djpaulgibbs and @jerrysarcastic for facilitating the transfer of the video to WordPress.tv.
* And thanks @dcavins, @rayisme, and @hnla for improving the text of the Welcome Screen.
New Codex articles for BP 2.6
Improving Management of Trac Tickets
@djpaulgibbs will be implementing some changes to Trac over this weekend per his post here at bpdevel. @dcavins reminded all to comment on @offerein’s suggestions about BP trac ticket categories and focuses.
Slack log: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/buddypress/p1466017239000114