New Schedule for BP 2.9
- Beta 1: June 21, 2017
- Release Candidate 1 (string freeze): July 12, 2017
- Release Date: July 26, 2017
- Currently 66 tickets in queue (30 open. 36 closed)
- Currently 4 tickets in queue (all fixed)
- Release Date: To be announced.
- Plus one more ticket coming up from @johnjamesjacoby
Updates from @hnla on the work done during June 1-14:
- Various adjustments for styles.
- Tackling the button
argsdefaulting some to
buttonfrom the default
- Button JS functions were re-factored to check
buttonelement type and fetch the
wp_nonce according to
hrefso we can allow switching in templates of elements without losing Ajax functionality.
- NPM modules were all updated thanks @netweb.
- @mercime added a round of further A11y updates for
aria-labels on navigational elements, added updated color vars to pass 4.5:1 color contrast checks, and we added ARIA state changes to button elements along with attendant JS & Ajax adjustments to toggle them.
- Updated table styles a tad to improve line separation for notification & adjusted cell widths and vertical centering for checkboxes.
- Updated act update excerpts ‘view’ link to improve visually, updated excerpts so they match across components.
- Minor button $args updates to
dataattr string nonce name for uniformity.
- Updated group homepage admin info message for styling.
- Updated navigation wrappers to use nav element for better semantics thanks @mercime
- Completed hopefully adding aria state attr to action buttons toggling elements.
- Also thanks to @dcavins for taking the Star action Ajax issue on
“We are pushing onwards and upwards but we do still need the community to start to wade in running any checks in general, or picking up tickets where they can. I’ll be trying to move tickets around a bit in the projects card screens.
“There’s an interesting ticket re: new custom homepage for Groups/User. There’s discussion on how these pages could have custom content manipulated/added. Perhaps someone might like to look at that and see what they can come up with? It would be pretty much an open book to play with https://github.com/buddypress/next-template-packs/issues/19
“Under ‘General Tasks’ we have a number of tickets of a ‘bug’ or ‘enhancement’ label, some are relatively straightforward & we could do with any help to grab a few of those and tackle.
“I would like one of the lead devs to step up at some point and offer some thoughts on how we approach two fundamental requirements, those being implementation of the dashboard selection of template packs and the second being looking at the principle loader file in the plugin root next-templates-packs.php with a view to how this is re-factored to serve as a means of doing the necessary template registration, especially if additional template packs are provided either as plugin or in core.”
Fix for profile image upload on Microsoft Edge breaks iOS Safari and Chrome (#7416) @r-a-y has committed fix in trunk.
Use JOIN rather than Subquery on user search (#7452) @r-a-y requests feedback from lead dev.
When searching on the activity page, you cannot search using an author’s name (#3889) Ticket has been punted to future release.
`bp_member_profile_data( ‘field=Non existing fields’ )` (#7516) @r-a-y has committed fix to trunk.
June 7: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RQBYUG/p1496862133456977
June 14: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RQBYUG/p1497466925349980