- See previously BP Dev Chat summary (February 12, 2020)
- In attendance: @dcavins @espellcaste & @im4th
- Slack archive
@espellcaste shared about the work he’s been doing about improving the BP REST API (activity scope, member type, group type, friendship). The last issue we need to deal with is the Blogs Avatar endpoint (2 unit tests are failing mysteriously). @im4th will give it a second look before next dev-chat.
@im4th shared about his wish to solve two tickets (#8156 & #8172) asap to inform the BuddyPress contributors early about the introduced changes. They are now solved, so please make sure to have a look at these 2 posts:
- BuddyPress 6.0.0 will require at least PHP 5.6
- The profile photo & cover image features belong to Members
@im4th asked if anyone had an opportunity to look at GitHub actions to see if this was a way to ease the release packaging process. If a BuddyPress contributor could explore it, he’d be very happy 😍
@espellcaste asked about the status #5525 : the testing site is still open for review, but @im4th already found some issues about o2 as soon as it’s not used on the home page of the site. He will work on a fix about it.
6.0.0 schedule & main features
- First beta at the end of march.
- Final release at the end of April.
- Main Features:
- BP REST API remaining endpoints
- BP Blocks ✅
- Network invitation & Membership requests
- & maybe some surprises!
Next dev chat
It will happen on March 11 at 19:00 UTC ( ~ 2 weeks before first beta 🙄) and of course in #BuddyPress. If you have ideas or questions, feel free (and we are strongly encouraging you) to comment this summary to share them!