- See previously BP Dev Chat summary (April 22, 2020)
- In attendance: @vapvarun @IAmTheWebb @mercime @dcavins @boonebgorges & @im4th
- Slack archive
BuddyPress 6.0.0 Hello & Credits Screens, & the 2020 survey
We’ve been discussing about an a11y issue @mercime raised into this comment. @im4th said he will look into it asap to try to fix it before 6.0.0 release. The improvements @dcavins (many thanks for your help) brought to the initial patch has been taken in account during the first commit about the Hello Screen. We will add the link to the 2020 survey at the last minute. @mercime already opened a ticket on Meta Trac to request for survey banners on our sites (BuddyPress.org, the Codex and the Developer Ressources site). @mercime (many thanks to you too!!) also committed to update the props of the Credits Screen for 6.0.0. The 2 last steps about props are to:
- include the Polyglots contributors to the Props list.
- introduce a new section “Noteworthy Contributors to 6.0.0” and do the required updates about the drop of the “Recent Rockstars” one.
Finally, we’ve listed the ultimate tasks to achieve before 6.0.0 release.
Fix last PHP 7.4 issues. Many thanks to @rayisme for dealing with it and fixing it 💪.
- Update the 6.0.0 changelog.
- Write the 6.0.0 announcement post.
- Choose the Pizza name for this release (@im4th will reach out to team’s member privately in Slack to keep it secret until d-day!).
BP REST API Documentation updates
After @im4th‘s first pass about it less than 10 endpoints needed a review/update. He thinks it’s doable before the release date and since the dev-chat, it’s important to mention that @mercime has been doing an amazing job about it reviewing and updating 11 endpoints so far 👏🏆.
6.0.0 Final schedule
@im4th is confident we will be able to release it for May 14th. No blockers were raised during the meeting, so let’s do it !
Next dev chat
It will happen on May 20 at 19:00 UTC (a week after release) and of course in #BuddyPress. If you have ideas or questions, feel free (and we are strongly encouraging you) to comment this summary to share them!