- See previously BP Dev Chat summary (March 17, 2021)
- In attendance: @vapvarun @dcavins @im4th
- Slack archive
- @dcavins made interesting progress about the Network invites ticket (#8139) working on a new patch to manage optouts (see #8448). He was happy to get feedbacks from @boonebgorges and @im4th about it. As it would be really great to have this feature added to Core for the 8.0.0 milestone @im4th has offered his help with the BP Nouveau Template pack JS/PHP parts needed to be improved to welcome the feature. @dcavins will update the main ticket with directions about this area.
- @vapvarun will submit new patches about these two tickets:
- @im4th added some patches about improving the signup form customization (#6347), feedbacks are very welcome, there’s a demo of the first patch after this bullet list.
- @im4th suggested, once again, we update the initial 8.0.0 schedule to give us 1 extra week (3 more than the initial schedule) to try to have the Network Invites feature ready for 8.0.0 and finally decide about its inclusion in 8.0.0 during next dev-chat.
- @espellcaste did a great job about caching the item schemas to improve the BP REST API performance (#GH386). He will try to work on the ticket about migrating BP Core builds to GitHub Actions (#8421) in the coming weeks.
Updated 8.0.0 schedule
- 8.0.0-beta1: April 22
- 8.0.0 stable release: May 26.
@vapvarun shared the latest plugin he submitted to w.org Plugins Directory. If you’re looking for a nice way to preview any links into your activities, give it a try 😉
It will happen on April 14 at 19:30 UTC and of course in #BuddyPress. If you have ideas or questions, feel free (and we are strongly encouraging you) to comment this summary to share them!