- See previously BP Dev Chat summary (May 12, 2021)
- In attendance: @vapvarun @johnjamesjacoby @dcavins @im4th
- Slack archive
@im4th noticed the only feedback we got from this beta release was about the BP Beta Tester plugin. The issue about this testing tool was fixed in 1.2.0. Does it mean everything’s fine with 8.0.0? We’ll see with the release candidate that was published 4 days ago: if you haven’t tested it yet, please do so 🙏.
8.0.0 remaining tasks
- @vapvarun has been working on the 8.0.0 changelog. He found a bug with the script we’re using to generate it. He shared a fix during the chat. @im4th suggested to build a PR out of it on @rayisme‘s GH repository.
- @johnjamesjacoby and especially @dcavins copy reviewed the Hello BuddyPress screen text on (#8468). Thanks to them we were able to clean the open tickets about the 8.0.0 milestone.
- We agreed it was time to package RC and decided to leave less than 2 weeks of string freeze to polyglots. The goal was to avoid postponing too much the 8.0.0 final release date. As you can see above, the RC was released on May 27.
8.0.0 final schedule
- ✅ 8.0.0-beta1: April 29,
- ✅ 8.0.0-beta2: May 20,
- ✅ 8.0.0-RC1: May 27,
- 8.0.0 stable release: June 7 👀
We’ve been talking about the BuddyPress code reference. It’s still under construction and we really need to make it available asap. @vapvarun had the opportunity to test the parser tool and the only thing we need to make sure is to avoid parsing the BP REST API controllers to avoid some kind of duplicate information with the BP REST API documentation. As it was getting late @im4th suggested to have a specific dev-chat about it.
It will happen on June 9 at 19:30 UTC and of course in #BuddyPress. We’ll probably talk about the first results/feedbacks about the 8.0.0 stable release but If you have ideas or questions, feel free (and we are strongly encouraging you) to comment this summary to share them!
PS: we count on you to test the 8.0.0 release candidate!