As you might know, we recently started work on a REST API implementation for BuddyPress.
To support this, we’re going to arrange a once-per-fortnight dev chat. @bronsonquick and @modemlooper will be leading the discussion. This will be run alongside the regular dev chat for the main project, so on some days, there’ll be two chats!
There will be a BP REST API dev chat this week. Here’s the times/dates for your calendar:
Wednesday at 22:00 UTC.
- Dates: Every other Wednesday, e.g. 27th January, 10th February, 24th February, and so on.
This Wednesday, in addition to our regular dev chat (20:00 UTC, see sidebar for details), there is a second meeting at 22:00 UTC dedicated to discussion about REST API and BuddyPress.
If you can’t make the meeting but have something you’d like to have included in the conversation, please reply to this post as a comment and we’ll make sure it’s discussed. We’ll have chat logs up soon afterwards.
Just a reminder that we’re picking up our dev chats again after the seasonal holidays. Next one is tomorrow (Wed 6th Jan). If you want to participate but not sure when/where it is, the time/location details are in the sidebar.
Hi! As usual, BuddyPress’ dev chat has been moved back to 20:00 UTC on Wednesdays, due to the magic of DST and timezones.
We recently made some additions to the Git mirrors that we provide for BuddyPress. There are three options:
- A read-only Git mirror of our development SVN (https://buddypress.svn.wordpress.org/).
- Hosted by WordPress.org, this is our most stable Git repo.
- Hashes could change in the future.
- A read-only Github mirror of our development SVN (https://buddypress.svn.wordpress.org/).
- Hashes will change in the future (to match buddypress.git.wordpress.org).
- A read-only Github mirror of our release SVN (https://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/buddypress/).
- Hashes will change in the distant future.
- This is repo is new.
As always, we’re happy to accept contributions made from either Git or SVN checkouts. For all practical purposes, the SVN and Git repositories are now equals. The majority of the core team now use a Git-SVN repo to contribute to BuddyPress.
We made available today BuddyPress 2.4.0 beta 2. More details on BuddyPress.org.