- See previously BP Dev Chat summary (January 29, 2020)
- In attendance: @mercime @dcavins @johnjamesjacoby @boonebgorges & @im4th
- Slack archive
- We’ll use CrowdSignal to publish the survey.
- On a side note @johnjamesjacoby suggested BuddyPress could have a lightweight Questionnaire component, @im4th believes it’s a great idea !
- @mercime shared with all of us the questions she worked on after the dev-chat. Please take some time to review it before our next dev-chat
BuddyPress dev-chat are maintained on every other wednesday at 1900 UTC.
Unfortunately @espellcaste can’t join us on all the alternative days of week we’ve found into the doodle 😦 As the result it doesn’t worth changing our dev-chat meeting day/time.
@dcavins is making good progress about Network invites (#8139). He’s getting some inspiration from the Invite Anyone plugin. @im4th asked if it would be possible to invite a user not yet registered to the site to join it using a group invite, and the reply is yes 🙌
@im4th confirmed BuddyPress 6.0.0 will ship 2 Blocks and shared his progress about the Group Block. Here are 3 early screenshots of how it could look like :
6.0.0 schedule & main features
- First beta at the end of march.
- Final release at the end of April.
- Main Features:
- BP REST API remaining endpoints
- BP Blocks ✅
- Network invitation & Membership requests
- & maybe some surprises!
Next dev chat
PS1: sorry it took me so long to write this summary 😬
PS2: if you have ideas or questions, feel free (and we are strongly encouraging you) to comment this summary to share them!