If you’re a plugin developer who uses the
bp_completed_create_steps cookie, or have otherwise used it to customise your site, please read this important change notification. Otherwise, this change won’t affect you.
Quick #2.1 update: we’re still scoping out the big-ticket items for 2.1, and should have more to confirm on in the next week or so, but as of yesterday (May 14th), the 2.1 dev cycle has formally kicked off. Here are the dates for this release’s milestones that we agreed on:
1) “merge” deadline (when major features should be in): July 9th 2014
2) beta: August 6th 2014
3) release: August 27th 2014
If you’re looking to get involved and contribute to BuddyPress, or just learn a bit more about what that entails, I’ll be posting a recap on this blog within the next week, with some easy and productive ways you can help us build and support BuddyPress 2.1.
Shortly after BuddyPress 2.0 is released, we’re going to be updating BuddyPress’ development trunk (buddypress.svn.wordpress.org/trunk) to a Grunt-powered build system. Most people won’t even notice, but for developers and contributors, this means a small workflow change.
TL;DR – keep reading if:
- You develop plugins for BuddyPress
- You are a core contributor
- You run a checkout of trunk on a production site
Started chipping away at the admin settings and forums screens this weekend, in preparation for bbPress 2.x migration logic.
- Moved the complicated bbPress 1.x config-file setup to settings page
- New bbPress 1.x installs are no longer possible in BuddyPress trunk
- Forums settings page slowly being deprecated in lieu of it being a temporary setup/migration tab only
- Actual Forums Settings will be controlled by bbPress going forward
- bbPress 2.1-r3773 and beyond have preliminary Group Forums setup in place
- bbPress 2.1 Group Forum admin and edit screens
- Clear migration path from bbPress 1.x to 2.x
- Improve bbPress 1.x to 2.x migration script to make sure it’s bullet proof. See #BBP1592