This is a compilation of the planning and discussions held during the past three weeks (02/11/15, 02/18/15, and 02/25/15). Contributors have indicated the areas they are going to work on for the next three months or so of the 2.3.0 dev cycle:
- New Invitations API where he’ll be building the API/lib first and add the component later as the need arises (#6210) with @johnjamesjacoby
- Add tests for group invitations and membership request functions (#6209)
- Complete documentation on BP Core files (#5940)
- Complete documentation on BP Templates (#5948)
- Reference: Docs initiative (#5022)
- Afterwards, he will go over to all existing phpdocs and touch up ones that PHPStorm is reporting as inaccurate params and whatnot.
- New Attachments API (#5429) with @johnjamesjacoby
- Local avatar management with new attachments API (#6004)
- Possible new Relationships API with @djpaulgibbs based on https://github.com/paulgibbs/buddypress/tree/posts2posts for the Favorites/Likes features. Meeting at WCLondon to discuss this.
- Member types API level such as member-type-specific xprofile fields (#5192)
- “Only Me” profile fields are searchable by other users (#6211)
- Member Types API: remove a user’s member type (#6188). Update: This issue was fixed today.
- Check in other ongoing work in Trac
- Add companion stylesheets for all WordPress Default themes (#6248)
- Twenty Fifteen theme BP Companion Stylesheet (#6124)
- Message cache (#6221) with @johnjamesjacoby
- Possibly add some new Messaging features
- 2015 BuddyPress Survey: launched 02/18/2015 through results post in April (#5980)
- 2015 bbPress Survey: from ~ April 2015 through results in June/July 2015 (bbPress#2767)
- WP Theme Repo: submit themes which support BuddyPress and bbPress
- BuddyPress Codex: Add/update articles
- Work with @im4th on the new Relationships API
- Deleted activity items remain favourited (#3794) with @johnjamesjacoby
- Activity Favorites: alternative management & new features (#5644) with @johnjamesjacoby
- Improve representation of blog posts in the Activity Stream (#6177) which is virtually ready
- BP Trac Maintenance and work on ideas for future releases
- New Notifications Meta (#6257)
- Work with @rayisme on Message cache
- Work with @im4th on new Attachments API
- Work with @dcavins on new Invitations API
- Work with @djpaulgibbs on Favourites/Likes
- Work on new Administration UI’s for each component. @djpaulgibbs mentioned that he has UI for xProfile in wp-admin.
- Will continue with his 5% for WordPress via BuddyPress and find ways to contribute in Trac.
You can keep track of the tasks for the 2.3.0 milestone on this page.
- Commit access has been granted to @hnla for his work on the tickets mentioned above and other tasks to be assigned by the Lead Developers.
- @slaffik raised an issue about the i18n sites of BuddyPress.org. @henrywright brought up an issue re BuddYPress.org forums. @ubernaut reported on an issue which was previously reported in trac which will be fixed when the WP trac ticket referenced in said ticket is fixed.
- @johnjamesjacoby mentioned that these issues can be posted in https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/. The themes and plugins are open-sourced and can be patched. He added, “I don’t expect anyone to want to figure that all out (as it’s a bit non-standard at the moment.) It’s a bit unorthodox because BuddyPress.org & bbPress.org share resources amongst several sites & trac which does not run WordPress or PHP.”
New BuddyPress Welcome Screen Designs
- Per initiative led by @djpaulgibbs in his post last Dec. 19th, @modemlooper presented two screenshots prepared by designers from WebDevStudios two weeks ago (#6224). Most of those present at the dev chat preferred the screenshot of the BP Welcome screen header (light version).
- @djpaulgibbs encouraged interested parties “to think bigger than what we do on the Welcome screen already, not just make current screen look/work better”.
2015 BuddyPress Survey
- Please help guide the direction of BuddyPress development in 2015 by taking the Survey at https://buddypress.org/2015/02/2015-buddypress-survey/ Thank you!