Maintenance release is on the roadmap. This version has 8 bug tickets squashed and 2 remaining tickets in queue.
#6257 @johnjamesjacoby has some more work to do in ticket and would be calling for testers when it’s ready. He said, “As of now, existing notification query pass all tests. All that’s needed are new tests for the meta itself, similar to other existing meta tests. “
#6278 @im4th has started building an “attachment” tool (mainly dealing with managing uploads) which the avatar/plugins could use to upload files for the first patch. Interesting discussions about usage for this API such as cover photos, blog avatars, favicons, etc.
BP Stylesheets for WP Default Themes
#6248 https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6248 @hnla has been making some notes and will be working on the themes bundled with a new WordPress download: Twenty Fifteen, Twenty Fourteen, and Twenty Thirteen themes. Twenty Twelve theme was included later after almost all of the contributors present revealed that Twenty Twelve is still their favorite WP Default Theme. @im4th awarded the BuddyPress Prize for the Best BuddyPress theme to … Twenty Twelve 🙂
Slack Log: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/buddypress/p1425499242000291
#6257, #6278, #dev-chat
This is a compilation of the planning and discussions held during the past three weeks (02/11/15, 02/18/15, and 02/25/15). Contributors have indicated the areas they are going to work on for the next three months or so of the 2.3.0 dev cycle:
- New Invitations API where he’ll be building the API/lib first and add the component later as the need arises (#6210) with @johnjamesjacoby
- Add tests for group invitations and membership request functions (#6209)
- Complete documentation on BP Core files (#5940)
- Complete documentation on BP Templates (#5948)
- Reference: Docs initiative (#5022)
- Afterwards, he will go over to all existing phpdocs and touch up ones that PHPStorm is reporting as inaccurate params and whatnot.
- New Attachments API (#5429) with @johnjamesjacoby
- Local avatar management with new attachments API (#6004)
- Possible new Relationships API with @djpaulgibbs based on https://github.com/paulgibbs/buddypress/tree/posts2posts for the Favorites/Likes features. Meeting at WCLondon to discuss this.
- Member types API level such as member-type-specific xprofile fields (#5192)
- “Only Me” profile fields are searchable by other users (#6211)
- Member Types API: remove a user’s member type (#6188). Update: This issue was fixed today.
- Check in other ongoing work in Trac
- Add companion stylesheets for all WordPress Default themes (#6248)
- Twenty Fifteen theme BP Companion Stylesheet (#6124)
- 2015 BuddyPress Survey: launched 02/18/2015 through results post in April (#5980)
- 2015 bbPress Survey: from ~ April 2015 through results in June/July 2015 (bbPress#2767)
- WP Theme Repo: submit themes which support BuddyPress and bbPress
- BuddyPress Codex: Add/update articles
- Work with @im4th on the new Relationships API
- Deleted activity items remain favourited (#3794) with @johnjamesjacoby
- Activity Favorites: alternative management & new features (#5644) with @johnjamesjacoby
- Improve representation of blog posts in the Activity Stream (#6177) which is virtually ready
- BP Trac Maintenance and work on ideas for future releases
- New Notifications Meta (#6257)
- Work with @rayisme on Message cache
- Work with @im4th on new Attachments API
- Work with @dcavins on new Invitations API
- Work with @djpaulgibbs on Favourites/Likes
- Work on new Administration UI’s for each component. @djpaulgibbs mentioned that he has UI for xProfile in wp-admin.
- Will continue with his 5% for WordPress via BuddyPress and find ways to contribute in Trac.
You can keep track of the tasks for the 2.3.0 milestone on this page.
- Commit access has been granted to @hnla for his work on the tickets mentioned above and other tasks to be assigned by the Lead Developers.
- @slaffik raised an issue about the i18n sites of BuddyPress.org. @henrywright brought up an issue re BuddYPress.org forums. @ubernaut reported on an issue which was previously reported in trac which will be fixed when the WP trac ticket referenced in said ticket is fixed.
- @johnjamesjacoby mentioned that these issues can be posted in https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/. The themes and plugins are open-sourced and can be patched. He added, “I don’t expect anyone to want to figure that all out (as it’s a bit non-standard at the moment.) It’s a bit unorthodox because BuddyPress.org & bbPress.org share resources amongst several sites & trac which does not run WordPress or PHP.”
New BuddyPress Welcome Screen Designs
- Per initiative led by @djpaulgibbs in his post last Dec. 19th, @modemlooper presented two screenshots prepared by designers from WebDevStudios two weeks ago (#6224). Most of those present at the dev chat preferred the screenshot of the BP Welcome screen header (light version).
- @djpaulgibbs encouraged interested parties “to think bigger than what we do on the Welcome screen already, not just make current screen look/work better”.
2015 BuddyPress Survey
- Please help guide the direction of BuddyPress development in 2015 by taking the Survey at https://buddypress.org/2015/02/2015-buddypress-survey/ Thank you!
#3794, #5022, #5192, #5429, #5644, #5940, #5948, #5980, #6004, #6124, #6177, #6188, #6209, #6210, #6221, #6224, #6248, #6257, #dev-chat