BuddyPress 2.3.0 Schedule Update
- BP 2.3.0 Beta 1 release has been postponed to next week because some features are not done yet (see trac tickets below). Deadline to complete feature for inclusion in BP 2.3.0 has been set this Saturday, May 2nd.
- BP 2.3.0 RC 1 is scheduled two weeks before release ~ May 12th.
- Target release date for 2.3.0 is May 26th, three days before BuddyCamp in Miami, Florida.
Star Private Messages
- (#6331) @rayisme has a patch and is “just re-testing everything, but would appreciate some feedback on the general approach.” @johnjamesjacoby said he will be reviewing and testing the patch.
- Update: @im4th and @boonebgorges have tested the patch and have given their feedback.
XProfile fields used for signup should be configurable
- (#6347) @johnjamesjacoby mentioned that this still needs unit tests. He will get the tests in Friday “with a commit-ready patch for review.”
- (#6278) @im4th would like to commit the latest patch on this ticket. This last patch contains a back compatibility fix for versions of WordPress < 4.0.
- Dev feedback needed.
- (#6290) @im4th mentioned that he would need to check for WP version compatibility since this UI requires Plupload 2.1.1 to maximize cross-browser compatibility. This version of the script was introduced in WP 3.9. While the general mantra is to check for feature compatibility and not version compatibility, @boonebgorges and @johnjamesjacoby gave thumbs up for the version check since this was the better course of action for this feature.
- Update: This ticket is now a done deal. Testing and feedback welcome.
Update about the Blogs single items
- (#6026) While this ticket was not discussed during this dev chat, it was previously tagged for 2.3.0 and bears mentioning. The team has decided to postpone it to 2.4 dev-cycle because of the sheer scope of the improvements suggested by @im4th in the patches.
Slack log: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/buddypress/p1430333988003331
(You need a Slack account to view the logs.)