- Beta 1: February 8, 2016
- RC 1 (string freeze): February 22, 2016
- Target Release Date: March 2, 2016
- There are 113 tickets slated for this cycle to date. (Closed: 29. Active: 84)
Trac Tickets Mentioned
Comment syncing between activity and post comments for Custom Post Types (#6482) @imath Patch updated. Dev feedback needed.
Comment notification NOT notified (#6057) @imath Has patch. Ready to commit. Dev feedback needed.
Manage Signups on Network Admin dashboard returns Blog Admin URL, not Network Admin URL (#6371) @imath Has patch. Ready to commit. Dev feedback needed.
Deleted activity items remain favourited (#3794) @imath Wants to reactivate the discussion on this issue. Has patch. Dev feedback needed.
developer.buddypress.org (#6812) @tw2113 has gotten the parser to work on the codebase. He will focus next on the “Members based functions” and the theme.
Email API and customisation features (#6592) @djpaulgibbs Has uploaded separate patches for any “drive-by code reviews”. Dev feedback needed.
Slack Log: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/buddypress/p1452715302003088
This post includes updates since the dev chat last Wednesday.
BuddyPress 2.3.0 Schedule Update
- BP 2.3.0 Beta 1 https://buddypress.org/2015/05/buddypress-2-3-0-beta-1/ was packaged and released by @johnjamesjacoby last Thursday, May 7th.
- BP RC 1 is scheduled two weeks before release.
- Update: Target release date for BP 2.3.0 has been moved to early June.
- 113 tickets have been closed and 10 tickets remain open to date. The other tickets have been punted to 2.4.0.
Star Private Messages
- (#6331) In addition to the new enhancement for private messages, @rayisme’s 6331.03.patch included the introduction of
bp_is_active( $component, $feature ) which allows developers to check if a component feature is registered.
- Update: This enhancement plus the new
bp_is_active( $component, $feature ) are now in trunk for BP 2.3.0
BP Templates Hooks Documentation
- (#5948) @tw2113 has completed adding inline documentation for hooks in the template files. He has since opened up new tickets for “any missed spots or new/revised edits.”
BP Companion Stylesheets for Twenty Fifteen and Twenty Fourteen
- (#6338) and (#6291) @hnla has committed updates for improving the layout of BP components within the bundled themes mentioned above. Work is close to being done, just some minor responsive touches left. Testing and feedback welcome.
XProfile fields used for signup should be configurable
Manage Signups on Network Admin dashboard returns Blog Admin URL, not Network Admin URL
- (#6371) @rayisme discussed this ticket which has a patch with @im4th. They concurred to punt this ticket to 2.4.0 because related tickets for multisite and blogs component will be addressed in the next dev cycle.
Slack log: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/buddypress/p1430938938003646
(You need a Slack account to view the logs.)