- Release date: TBA
- There are currently 7 tickets in queue (3 closed. 4 open).
- 404 errors when using HHVM on BP 184.108.40.206 (#7197) @rayisme has patch.
- BP no longer filters
wp_mail_from_name when using
wp_mail() (#7024) @djpaulgibbs has patch. Might close this ticket.
- @mentions break instagram oembeds if same username exists on site as instagram (#7084) needs patch.
- Unit tests failing on PHP 7.0.9 (#7204) needs patch.
BP 2.7 Trac Tickets
Implement user capabilities for Activity component (#7176) @djpaulgibbs has patch. Feedback requested.
Groups: Draft, Locked or Suspended status (#6677) @dcavins has patch. Feedback requested.
Single items for the Blogs component (#6026) @im4th has patches. Feedback requested.
Hierarchical groups (#3961) @dcavins has patch. Feedback requested.
Components: BuddyPress.org Sites There are a number of tickets in Trac which need to be double-checked if the issues are still valid. If it is and you want to patch it up:
svn co http://meta.svn.wordpress.org/sites/trunk/buddypress.org/,
create the patch, and upload the patch to the appropriate BP trac ticket.
July 20: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/buddypress/p1469041213000135
July 27: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/buddypress/p1469646028000542
- July 13, 2016 – Kickoff – scoping/wishlist
- September 21, 2016 – Beta 1
- October 5, 2016 – Release Candidate 1 (string freeze)
- October 12, 2016 – Target release date for BuddyPress 2.7
Release Lead for BuddyPress 2.8
Slava Abakumov (twitter) has been translating BuddyPress to Russian since October 2008 (long before the very first beta) and has submitted many BuddyPress plugins to the WordPress repository. He is a doting father, developer, and project manager, who also enjoys road-cycling and roller-skating. His motto is “Be good, have fun, create things”.
Congratulations @slaffik! 🙂
BuddyPress Leads in the Windy City
Watch out Chicago! @johnjamesjacoby, @boonebgorges, and @djpaulgibbs will be spending some time together at an undisclosed location in the city this Monday, July 18. 🙂
bbPress 2.5.10 was packaged and released by @johnjamesjacoby Wednesday, July 13. This was a security release so please upgrade if you haven’t already.
Navigation API in Codex
@boonebgorges has posted a new article about the new Navigation API. Check out all the examples to help you with customizations.
BP 2.7 Scoping/Wishlist
- Accessibility fixes for BP Admin screens and templates @mercime
- Widget for logged-in user Notifications used in wp-toolbar (#7183)
REST API – @boonebgorges and @rayisme
- Extract & relocate core markup functions @hnla
TOOLBAR AND NOTIFICATIONS
Though not mentioned during dev chat, following are a few of many interesting tickets which you might like to contribute to or kibitz about:
- Merge BuddyPress Followers into BuddyPress Core (#7133)
- UI to pick Template Packs (#7157)
- Admin UI options for all template features (#7160)
- Add #hashtag auto-suggest (#7165)
Slack log: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/buddypress/p1468436417003180
(Slack account is required)