BP Template Pack Meeting
- @im4th: will open a new task about the activity post form to summarize what he has in mind so that we can discuss it.
- @mercime: Google spreadsheets with screenshots of pages with current UI and how we would address each one of the component pages … then attach images of screens addressed in the next-template-pack for comparison
- @hnla: has a draft of basic outline on bpdevel (not for publication at this time).
- Use the Github repo Wiki pages for documentation
- Review some wireframes made by @karmatosed in 2012 which already have feedback from the community as shown in BP Trac, bpdevel, and Github. We have to decide whether any of those can still be used or whether it would be better to make new wireframes.
- Process: Discovery -> Design -> Development -> Launch.
Dev Chat, April 27
A new API to manage single items navigation (#6534) @im4th has patch. Dev feedback requested. “The patch is replacing nav arrays with a new class. and make sure the nav is attached to an item ID. The user id for the displayed user nav or the group ID for the current group. Group nav and displayed user nav are separated – meaning there are no more slug collisions.” @boonebgorges and @im4th had a long discussion on the implementation in this Slack log. @im4th and @rayisme have uploaded patches after the meeting.
Dev Chat, May 4
A new API to manage single items navigation (#6534) @boonebgorges will be checking out the progress and at “how much we need to support old ways of reaching into the `bp_nav` and `bp_options_nav` globals and spending some time formalizing the various compatibility breaks with unit tests” Update: @boonebgorges has uploaded a new patch with unit tests.
BuddyPress Embeds for activity, user profiles, groups (#6772) @rayisme requested feedback on the display of the embeds in the template as well as the embeds template. Update: @mercime has posted feedback and @im4th has uploaded revised patch.
Use WP page names for BP directory pages headings (#6765) Discussion between @hnla, @johnjamesjacoby, @im4th, and @boonebgorges resulted in the decision that this enhancement would require an migration for existing installations when they upgrade while new installations will get the shorter page names.
BuddyPress Style Modules: @hnla has provided the example one so it’s clear how they work and are formatted etc. at https://github.com/hnla/style-modules/tree/master/members-list-module. Update: A new Style Modules repo has been added to the BuddyPress account at https://github.com/buddypress/style-modules
Slack log: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/buddypress/p1461780248000496