7.2.0 Maintenance release
It was released just after the dev-chat. Its main goal is to fix an ugly issue about the BP Nouveau
twentytwentyone.css companion stylesheet (See #8425). Some other tickets relative to this companion stylesheet has been fixed and added to the release.
- @im4th suggested we should improve the registration process, and this led us to consider fixing the following tickets for 8.0.0:
- #6347 Let admins select profile fields to use during registration,
- #4747 Add a profile field to manage pages needing acceptance (eg: terms of service, code of conduct),
- He also believes the password should be set once users activated their account, he’ll probably open a new ticket about it soon.
- @im4th requested some patch testing about 2 tickets, please help us progress on these:
- #7162 Edit WordPress fields on front-end via new xProfile field types
PS: about #8001, At/Who libraries contain some deprecated jQuery code and @im4th thinks we should try to keep the Mentions autocompleter to show in tinyMce as it is used into the BP Nouveau Messages UI.
It will happen on March 3 at 19:30 UTC and of course in #BuddyPress. If you have ideas or questions, feel free (and we are strongly encouraging you) to comment this summary to share them!
7.2.0 Maintenance release
@im4th believes we should package this maintenance release soon. Targeted date is the day before next dev chat (February 16). He asked the team to do some testing of BP Nouveau using the Twenty Twenty-one WordPress theme as the 2 commits added to the 7.2.0 was about improving the BP Nouveau companion stylesheet. Let’s try to improve our default template pack before februry 16. @vapvarun will check it (as well as @im4th).
- @im4th added a first patch to the ticket about introducing new xProfile field types to manage WordPress fields (description, first & last name, Website) from the front-end member’s profile (#7162). He understood it was very expected by BuddyPress users, so please do test the patch and share your feedbacks and improvements about it.
- @dcavins updated the swap-atwho-for-Tribute patch he had created before about #8001. It’s working as expected. He will next move the suggestion lookup from
wp-ajax to the BP REST API. He’ll post a new patch soon.
It will happen on February 17 at 19:30 UTC and of course in #BuddyPress. If you have ideas or questions, feel free (and we are strongly encouraging you) to comment this summary to share them!
Our next #BuddyPress developer meeting is scheduled on February 3 at 19:30 UTC (tomorrow). This will be our first 30 mins long dev-chat since we’ve decided to start 30 mins later and to end at the same time. Let’s try to be on time and as @dcavins suggested, let’s use the comment area of this post to prepare the specific points we want to discuss during our meeting. I’ll start to follow this suggestion by adding one comment as soon as this agenda is published 😉
Here’s our agenda:
- 7.2.0 Maintenance release
- 8.0.0 progress