- See previously BP Dev Chat summary (March 31, 2021)
- In attendance: @vapvarun @dcavins @im4th
- Slack archive
7.3.0 Maintenance & Security release
NB: If you haven’t upgraded yet, please do so. If you are using a clone of the BP REST or the WP CLI BuddyPress GitHub repositories, please do fetch/merge upstream branches as fixes were about these 2 repositories we’re including when packaging the BuddyPress plugin.
- Now the Acceptance Checkbox Field (#4747) ticket has been committed to trunk, @vapvarun will write a post to explain how the field works and it will be published into these development notes.
- @vapvarun will update the patch on the ticket about sending a BP Email when a user has successfully validated their account (#8428). The goal is to provide a default content to this welcome message like the one @im4th shared in Slack.
- The ticket about improving the signup form customization has been committed (#6347), @im4th will also post a development note about it soon.
- New interesting progress were made about the Network invites ticket (#8139): @im4th gave @dcavins some help about the BP Nouveau Template Pack integration. As we’re almost ready about the feature @im4th suggested, one last time, we update the initial 8.0.0 schedule to give us 1 extra week (4 more than the initial schedule) to include the feature into the 8.0.0 milestone. We agreed to udpate the schedule this way and now @dcavins is Under High Pressure about it 😱 😉.
- @espellcaste submitted a patch on the ticket about migrating BP Core builds to GitHub Actions (#8421). Feedbacks are very welcome.
Updated 8.0.0 schedule
- 8.0.0-beta1: April 29
- 8.0.0 stable release: June 2.
@vapvarun shared a support topic about a potential feature for the future of the BP Groups component. We’ve discussed about it and we came to the conclusion migrating our custom URI parser in favor of WP Rewrites would be necessary. @im4th had a POC working a while ago and believes the best way to progress about this topic is working on a feature as plugin repository on BuddyPress’ GitHub. If you’re interested about this topic and would like to help & contribute to it, please tell us about it commenting this post 😉.