BuddyPress RC 1
@dcavins packaged and released BuddyPress 2.6.0 RC 1 (string freeze) last Wednesday, June 15, 2016.
* Developers: Please test your BP plugins and themes with our new features this dev cycle 🙂
* Translators: We need translators for BuddyPress. If you’re interested in contributing, @danbp has written a topic about how you can get involved.
RC 1 Release Preparation
We discussed two tickets remaining in trac: moving stylesheet of activity embed to to bp-legacy’s
/css/ folder (#7123 fixed.) and the Welcome Screen for 2.6 (#7108 fixed).
* Thanks to @im4th for preparing the video demonstrating BP’s new Activity Embed feature on our Welcome Screen.
* Thanks to @djpaulgibbs and @jerrysarcastic for facilitating the transfer of the video to WordPress.tv.
* And thanks @dcavins, @rayisme, and @hnla for improving the text of the Welcome Screen.
New Codex articles for BP 2.6
Thanks to @rayisme for publishing the following articles:
* Activity Embeds
* Group Types API
Improving Management of Trac Tickets
@djpaulgibbs will be implementing some changes to Trac over this weekend per his post here at bpdevel. @dcavins reminded all to comment on @offerein’s suggestions about BP trac ticket categories and focuses.
Slack log: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/buddypress/p1466017239000114
- Release Candidate 1 (string freeze): June 15, 2016
- 2.6.0 release: June 22, 2016
- There are currently 106 tickets in queue (Closed: 103. Open: 3.)
A new API to manage single items navigation (#6534) Issue on backward compatibility with groups navigation. Update: @boonebgorges has committed fix to trunk.
Activity link moderation doesn’t output useful error message to end users (#6719) @rayisme will be making a string change. Update: @rayisme has committed the fix to trunk.
Welcome Screen for 2.6.0 (#7108)
* Activity embeds will be the main feature of the About page. A short video will be embedded for WP 4.5+ installations and an image for installations less than WP 4.5. @im4th was volunteered to make the video. Update: @im4th has uploaded a patch.
* Other items to be featured included the new Group Types API and Custom Users Front Page
* In the midst of testing the Activity embeds feature for the About page, @tw2113 found a bug. Update: @im4th created a new ticket and he and @rayisme have uploaded patches to fix the issue.
* In addition, the WP icon was seen in BuddyPress.org’s activity embeds. @im4th pointed out that a ready-to-use BuddyPress icon exists on the “official fonts and logos” page. Update: @djpaulgibbs has uploaded the icon.
* “Under the Hood” section: New API to manage single items (Member or Group) navigation, various caching improvements, among other items.
Slack log: https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/buddypress/p1465412393000100