This is a compilation of our dev chats for Aug. 3, Aug. 10, and Aug. 17. Thanks for your patience 🙂
@dcavins packaged and released BuddyPress 2.6.2 last August 4, 2016. This was a maintenance release.
- September 21 – Beta 1
- October 5 – Release Candidate 1 (string freeze)
- October 12 – Target Release date
- There are currently 84 tickets in queue (44 closed, 40 open).
- Hierarchical groups (#3961) @dcavins had a patch which added the
parent_idcolumn to the groups database and support for querying by
groups_get_group()and @rayisme has uploaded a new patch which includes cache invalidation, among others. Dev feedback requested.
- Group type frontend integration (#7210) @rayisme has patch which includes new UI. Dev feedback requested.
- Display and filter by member type on Dashboard > Users (#6060) @slaFFik has patch. Dev feedback requested.
- xprofile field support for WordPress Profile Fields (#7162) @djpaulgibbs: “We’ve not touched the xprofile sync code in years. So if anyone has any ideas about this … and what a new implementation should work like, please comment on the ticket.” He might work on this for BP 2.8.
- Only load component action and screen code when we’re on the component’s page (#7218) @rayisme has patch for the activity component.
- Select All link missing in BuddyPress Menu Selection (#5260) @tw2113 has patch and ready to commit. Review and testing requested.
- BP-legacy: split group single admin.php in separate template files (#7079) Patches by @offereins, @hnla, and @rayisme. Dev feedback requested.
- Date xprofile field enhancement (#5500) @boonebgorges has patch which includes new UI. Dev feedback welcome.
Related: @djpaulgibbs has been talking to Miguel from the https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-xprofile-custom-fields-type/ plugin about porting some of that plugin’s field types into core. Tickets will be created when ready.
- Implement user capabilities for Activity component (#7176) @djapulgibbs has patch. Needs feedback from anyone who knows roles/caps API well.
- Screen notifications settings page (#6712) @rayisme is working on this ticket. Related to Central place to manage all notifications and delivery preferences (#7168). Needs wireframes. @mercime has volunteered.
- Extract & relocate core markup functions: Theme compat include functionality & search forms file (#6844) @hnla has patch. Dev feedback requested. @boonebgorges has agreed to review patch.
- Member/Group Type management in wp-admin @boonebgorges: “If my schedule loosens up in the next few weeks, I will make a first go at a first patch “
- Accessibility Tickets. @mercime – Goal is to make our front-end templates and at least 85% of BP admin screens accessible-ready by 2.7 launch. There are some style issues for the headings at this time, but will resolve them before deadline.
- @djpaulgibbs: “I’m always available for code review and playing the devil’s advocate in feature discussions.
I would also like to remind regular contributors they are very welcome to leave feedback on tickets in
Under Considerationmilestones on Trac. There’s a backlog, and we really need to do better here. So if anyone wants a change from forum support or development or translation, check out Trac.”