Started chipping away at the admin settings and forums screens this weekend, in preparation for bbPress 2.x migration logic.
- Moved the complicated bbPress 1.x config-file setup to settings page
- New bbPress 1.x installs are no longer possible in BuddyPress trunk
- Forums settings page slowly being deprecated in lieu of it being a temporary setup/migration tab only
- Actual Forums Settings will be controlled by bbPress going forward
- bbPress 2.1-r3773 and beyond have preliminary Group Forums setup in place
- bbPress 2.1 Group Forum admin and edit screens
- Clear migration path from bbPress 1.x to 2.x
- Improve bbPress 1.x to 2.x migration script to make sure it’s bullet proof. See #BBP1592
In BuddyPress 1.6 we are introducing a top level admin menu for moderating the Activity Streams. While in development we’ve been using the BuddyPress icon for now, but we want a snazzy theme of icons or when we incorporate Groups, Private Messages, and Friendships in there too.
I really like how the bbPress icons aren’t so literal. If you haven’t seen them, they are pretty sweet. This got me thinking about what kind of metaphorical icons we could have for BuddyPress, and as it turns out I’m not that creative at 2pm on a Friday.
Example: Instead of having literal icons (envelope for PM’s, user silhouette for Groups, etc… We could have little party icons – Cake, Piñata, Candles, Cards, Gifts, etc…
We could do cities, clubs, teams, leagues, anything community related really. What’s important is that they have a loose connection to the thing they are associated with and fit the overall BuddyPress project.
If you have any ideas or suggestions, we could really use your brainstorming abilities!