Hi everyone, sorry this summary is published quite late.
August 4 Dev-Chat summary
10.0.0 confirmed top features
- We confirmed the BP Media component as one of the top features for 10.0.0. As there are many plugins playing into this area, we think packaging it into a separate plugin and make it easy to install from our BP Components Administration screen is the best way to go. Users will be able to choose whether they need these extra lines of code or not 😉.
- The site membership requests feature to compliment the site membership invites was also confirmed. @dcavins already started working on it suggesting improvements to our BP Signup API (see #8450).
- We also talked about adding the Block based activity post form we’ve been working on from the BP Blocks plugin.
- @im4th thinks he had progressed enough about the BP Rewrites plugin to completely open it to any contributors. He has published a post about it on this blog a few days after the dev chat.
August 18 Dev-Chat Agenda
- During last meeting some of us couldn’t attend, so let’s take some more time to talk about other possible top features to confirm for 10.0.0.
- Let’s move the time of our every other Wednesday meeting so that it’s not happening so late for Asia/Pacific timezones.
If you have specific/additional points you need to discuss about, please share them into the comments area of this post.