- See previously BP Dev Chat summary (May 11, 2022)
- In attendance: @dcavins @im4th
- Slack archive.
First thoughts about BuddyPress next major release (11.0.0)
- @dcavins & @im4th started this topic trying to reply to the question « what is the most awaited BuddyPress feature? » Both came to the conclusion it was about Media. A component to improve the way BuddyPress handles user media is a huge challenge, but we think it’s a good time to start making decisive progress about it.
- @im4th shared the GItHub link to the BP Attachments feature as a plugin informing the plugin was using the REST API, React & Block components.
- @im4th also needs to tidy a bit the GitHub repository so that @dcavins and the rest of the team can catch up about progress made so far and so that we’ll be able to share some tasks.
- @dcavins suggested we focus on Media during the 11.0.0 development cycle and include the issues we’ve already added to the 11.0.0 milestone such as bringing Multisite support to Site Invitations.
We’ve decided to put documentation meetings on hold for now. Here’s what @im4th said about it « Updating doc is a huge challenge, but we need some more motivation like new people helping us. I think not getting help about it is a bit frustrating ». The staging site is still available and we can carry on improving things from there when we can find some time to.
It will happen tomorrow on June 8 at 19:30 UTC in #BuddyPress. Here’s our agenda :
- BP Attachments & Media in 11.0.0
- Required WP version for 11.0.0