- See previously BP Dev Chat summary (June 8, 2022)
- In attendance: @dcavins @johnjamesjacoby @im4th
- Slack archive.
Features for BuddyPress next major release (11.0.0)
- @im4th shared a GitHub link to an issue summarizing what is/will be inside the BP Attachments feature informing the delete action was still missing. Since this chat, he included this action to the React based UI. As you can see in the above screenshot, one of the goal is to be able to create folders to organize user generated media.
- @im4th & @johnjamesjacoby agreed it was ok to bump WordPress required version to 5.7 in BuddyPress 11.0.0, see #8709.
- As we lost ourselves into endless conversations about using PHPCS, @im4th said he would like to see a first patch added to #7228. He thinks this patch should include a GitHub action so that GitHub PR submitted to our repository could be checked against the PHPCS rules we choose to observe.
- A new strategy for a Block based activity post form.
- BP Attachments & Media in 11.0.0
- Let’s work on things we can use for BuddyPress.org: a new bundled BP Theme (as a replacement to BP Default?)
- Let’s work on removing our dependency to jQuery.
- BP Rewrites 1.3.0: bbPress forward compatibility!
Let’s try to be a lot of BuddyPress contributors to join this chat 🙏🤝