- See previously BP Dev Chat summary October 5
- In attendance: @dcavins @im4th
- Slack archive.
We’ve updated the 11.0.0 release schedule, delaying first beta to November 8. But we still plan to package the final release on December 14. This means, we’ll have less time to test and package new betas. RC is slated to December 1st.
11.0.0 last tickets to fix
- #8590: Cache improvements. @dcavins will work on including the improvements that are common with the buddyboss-platform.
- #8693: Site Members Invitations & configs using signups only. @dcavins has a patch almost ready and he should be able to attach it to the ticket very soon.
- #7614: Make sure the group members count routine is more accurate.
- #8052 Should we stop using an activity meta to retrieve the
new_blog_postactivity action? @im4th will take the risk to decide 🤫
- @im4th asked @espellcaste (once again 👮♂️) to try to make the list of the tickets he owns for 11.0.0 less bigger (selecting the tickets we absolutely need to include in 11.0.0 and punting others to a next release). Later after the chat, he said he will look into it during the coming week-end 👀
NB: although it would have been nice to include the global community visibility switch feature, we still need to discuss about the how: @im4th‘s personal opinion is “the later we make things invisible to not logged in users, the more issues we’ll be facing” which contrast with the idea of doing it just before rendering the BuddyPress content…
11.0.0 schedule reminder
- First beta:
October 19November 8, 2022.
- RC: December 1st, 2022.
- Release: December 14, 2022.
10.5.0 Maintenance release
The Twenty Twenty-Three companion stylesheet probably won’t be included into this maintenance release but should be included into the 11.0.0 one. @im4th confirmed he will package this maintenance release at the end of October and before WordPress 6.1 final release.
It will happen November 2 at 19:30 UTC in #BuddyPress. If you have specific points or ideas you want to discuss about, don’t hesitate to share them in comments.