- See previously BP Dev Chat summary (August 18, 2021)
- In attendance: @espellcaste @vapvarun @johnjamesjacoby @im4th
- Slack archive.
- Shortly before the dev chat started @dcavins shared his progress about the Site Membership Requests feature: he did preparative work needed for the feature by improving the BP Signup Class and fixed 2 tickets (#8540, #7938).
- Thanks to a discussion between @vapvarun & @im4th about 2 BP plugins @vapvarun will soon make available on the WP plugins directory (about global BP Search and using the big G reCaptcha service to secure some parts of BuddyPress), @im4th will explore the possibility to add 2 new BP Blocks: 1 to perform global search, the other to display a member’s community statistics.
- To help @sbrajesh organize the BP Relationships API, @johnjamesjacoby created the corresponding repository on BuddyPress’s GH.
- @espellcaste asked for a dev review about his approach on adding pagination to message threads (#8508) and thanked @im4th for the one he provided about #7614.
- @espellcaste also introduced some very interesting functions to get a Group object, making it possible to use template functions outside of the Groups loop. You should have a look to this commit.
10.0.0 first schedule
- 10.0.0-beta 1: ~ november 20, 2021,
- 10.0.0 stable: ~ december 24, 2021 🎄
BP Rewrites feature as a plugin
Although @im4th only said he was making good progress about the feature during the dev chat, let’s warmly thank the first contributors who joined the adventure of using the WP Rewrite API to replace our legacy URL parser: @shanebp @boonebgorges & @rayisme 🥰.
- Big improvements were brought to Group’s slug customization
- Big improvements were brought to backward compatibility with BP Plugins trying to get BP URI globals early.